FAQ applies to:
ezimerchant Professional version 4
We have worked closely with PayPal to bring you an exciting new payment method available in version 4 of ezimerchant. PayPal Express Checkout is different to the other payment methods offered by ezimerchant because it not only provides a way to get paid; it also accelerates the checkout process by pre-populating address details.
Benefits of PayPal Express Checkout:
- Customers don't need to share their financial details such as credit cards when checking out, giving customers uncomfortable with buying online an alternative method of payment
- Funds settle immediately upon order completion to your PayPal account
- The checkout process is accelerated by skipping the Customer Details screen because those details are populated as part of the PayPal Express Checkout process
- PayPal has over 133 million accounts in 103 countries.
Turning on PayPal Express Checkout is a simple 3 step process
Set up your PayPal account for the integration
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click on the Profile Tab under My Account.
- Click on API Access under Account Information.
- Click Grant API Permission.
- Enter sales_api1.ezimerchant.com as the API Partner Username and tick Express_Checkout and then press submit.
- On the confirmation page click Give Permission.
- Click on the back to Profile summary link.
- Click Website Payment Preferences under Selling Preferences.
- Scroll down to the Contact Telephone Number section and then set the Contact Telephone Number to On (Required Field) and click Save.
- Log out of PayPal.
Set up ezimerchant
- Upgrade to version 4 of ezimerchant if not already done.
- Open your store
- Click Customer Payment Methods under General Website Settings.
- Click PayPal (Tick it if it is not already ticked).
- Enter your PayPal User ID (Email registered with PayPal).
- Select PayPal Express Checkout under PayPal Mode.
- Update the GTS
That's all there is to it. When you proceed to checkout you will see the Checkout with PayPal option above the Customer Details section.
Here is an example web site checkout with PayPal Express checkout enabled...
- You must be running ezimerchant Professional V4.0 or above before you will be able to activate PayPal Express checkout.
- If you do not grant the PayPal API permissions correctly, your customers will receive errors when attempting to purchase from your site. We recommend performing a complete PayPal Express checkout order after doing the above instructions to check that it functions correctly. You can refund your 'test' purchase from within your PayPal account after completing the test.