FAQ applies to:
ezimerchant Professional version 4
Real time credit card transactions
Before you start you need the following:
- An account with one of the supported payment gateway companies and the account numbers associated with it.
- Real Time merchant account with a bank that is supported by your payment gateway company. (if your chosen payment gateway requires that you have a merchant account with a bank)
Once you have the above information you are ready to set-up real time payments in ezimerchant Professional...
Click on the 'Customer Payment Methods' link from the main menu in ezimerchant Professional.
Now check the Credit Card selection box.
From the Credit Card Options drop down box select the payment gateway company that you would like to use. In this example I will choose the eway payment gateway.
Now enter the eWay customer ID that has been supplied to you by eway. Without the correct information in these fields ezimerchant Professional will not be able to communicate properly with the payment gateway and your customers will not be able to make orders from your website. If you are not sure what these details are please contact your payment gateway.
Please Note: Different payment gateways require different information. For Example, NetRegistry requires a 'Merchant ID' and a 'Password'. Please double check with your chosen gateway as to what the correct information is before entering it into ezimerchant Professional.
Click the 'Update GTS' button and then enter your GTS username and password when prompted. This will update the GTS so that any future orders made on your website will go through your selected payment gateway.
Test your website by making a test purchase (with a valid credit card - Its a good idea to use your own) and then verify that the funds appear in your merchant bank account within 48hrs. Once you have verified that the funds are appearing in your merchant account you can be confident that your website is ready to trade.
- Not all gateways will need a password
- Some gateways will also require an additional field called an 'Authorise ID' etc. If this is the case simply enter it into ezimerchant Professional in the relevant field
- After you have set-up your payment gateway information in ezimerchant Professional make sure you test your website to confirm that its working as it should and that money is being transferred into your merchant bank account