FAQ applies to:
ezimerchant Professional version 4
ezimerchant Professional makes it easy to add additional web pages to your web site. These pages can contain any type of information you require. e.g. You can create links pages, information pages, company information pages, etc, etc.
Normally each additional page will be accessible from the navigation bar on your web site however advanced users can disable this option and link to the additional pages manually. Example below:
To add additional pages to your web site please follow the steps below.
To manage additional pages on your web site, open ezimerchant Professional and click on the 'Add New Pages To Your Web site' link.
This window is broken down into three sections:
- Additional Page management buttons. These buttons allow you to create new pages, remove pages, and reorder them etc.
- Lists the current additional pages.
- The preview and properties area.
By default, ezimerchant Professional creates two fully editable pages:- 'Home Page' and 'About Us' and two others:- 'Viewcart' (the content above and below the cart contents can be edited) and 'Search' (not editable).
To edit an additional page select the page that you would like to edit, then click the 'Edit Page' button..
ezimerchant allows you to edit the content of the additional pages using external editors. This means that the editing will be done outside of ezimerchant, and when your finished editing the page ezimerchant will detect the changes and save them to the web site database. We include a basic HTML editor called eziHTML and we will use this editor in this example, however if you have a more advanced HTML editor that you wish to use you can tell ezimerchant where its located and ezimerchant will allow you to use your editor instead of the default editor.
Examples of other more advanced HTML editors:
- Microsoft Front Page
- Microsoft Expression Web
For this example, choose eziHTML and then click the 'Edit' button.
ezimerchant Professional will then launch the eziHTML editor and automatically open the additional page ready for editing. Once you have finished editing the page, save the changes and close the editor.
After the editor has closed, click the 'Page has been edited and saved' button.
This will then bring you back to the additional pages screen. You should now see the changes that you made to your additional page in the preview section.
You can now repeat the steps above for other additional pages.
- The content that you add to your additional pages should be kept to standard HTML. Java Script or Active X controls may or may not function correctly when used in an Additional page.
- Background colours, music, and any other code that resides outside the and tags will not be included in the generated web site. This is because ezimerchant Professional needs to merge the additional page content that you supply with the template HTML