Upgrading to ezimerchant version 5 is simple, using the new "ezimerchant Version 5 Upgrade Wizard" in version 5.
First, upgrade to version 4.5 of ezimerchant Professional, which has an extra migration tool built in to upgrade existing ezimerchant customers to version 5
Step 1 - Upgrade to ezimerchant Professional 4.5
Before you install it, make sure you have made a backup of your site (just the usual precaution).
1) Close ezimerchant
2) Download the upgrade from here
2) Run the upgrade
3) Start ezimerchant
4) Confirm that is says 220.127.116.11 in the bottom right corner
Step 2 - Upgrade to ezimerchant version 5
To upgrade your site:
1) Open your site in ezimerchant Professional 4.5
2) In the new "Upgrade To Version 5" panel click the “Upgrade Now!” link
3) Follow the steps in the "ezimerchant Version 5 Upgrade Wizard"
4) Enter your GTS username and Password (the same one you use to download orders)
5) Click OK
NOTE: The upgrade process will take a while depending your site size and you won't be able to do anything else in ezimerchant Professional while it is upgrading, although you can still use other programs.
Step 3 - Log in to ezimerchant version 5
After upgrading you will be able to log in to the ezimerchant V5 admin:
1) Browse to https://secure.ezimerchant.com/merchant/
2) Login Email: your registered email address
3) Password: Your GTS password
Step 4 - Preview your site
Your site content (orders, products, categories, content pages, media, etc.) is now hosted "in the cloud" in ezimerchant version 5. At this step, your live website is still as it was the last time you published from ezimerchant Professional. Before you upgrade your live site, it's worth double checking that the upgrade went well.
1) Click the Preview button in the header
2) Navigate around to check everything is as it should be.
3) Place an order through Preview to ensure the version 5 cart and checkout works correctly with your upgraded template
If anything is not quite right, please submit a support ticket describing the problem. The upgrade does some amazing work converting everything, but sometimes it encounters customisations that it can't deal with.
Step 5 - Publish your site
Assuming everything went well, you can publish your site
1) Click on the "Sites & Domains" menu item
2) Click the Publish button
3) When the progress gets to 100% and disappears, Publish is finished. Visit your site by clicking the globe.
- After the upgrade, certain features in ezimerchant Professional will be unavailable. To restore them you can click "Remove Upgraded Flag" in the Merchant menu. This setting also determines which server orders are downloaded from. After you publish your site from ezimerchant version 5, you will need to "Set upgraded flag" from the Merchant menu so that you get your orders.
- It is no longer necessary to use ezimerchant Professional after you upgrade, although it is still possible for maintaining your orders, printing Dymo labels, etc.