The following information lists the updates that have been made to the ezimerchant control panel, arranged by date.
- Improved display of the list of products in the category panel to make it easier to see more of the product name
- "Merge Products" functionality - Combine existing products into a single product with variations. For example, if you have a product available in several colours, each of which is in the ezimerchant product list as a distinct product, use this feature to merge them into a single product with the colours as variations. This is a powerful feature as each variation is a SKU (Stock Keeping Unit), which can have a unique code, name, description, picture, price, stock level, etc. The product containing the variations can then be published to the website or eBay, where a drop down list allows simple selection of the SKU.
- Added PDF support to the file uploader for the content section. To upload a PDF, click the "insert link' button which looks like chain. Then click the browse button. Click the browse computer button, and select your PDF. Finally, click the select button and the okay button.
- Increased the height of the category description editor and added Image upload functionality.
- Copying a product from the product screen now shows the new product in the product screen.
- Improved editing of sub-categories.
- Order Status Emails - When processing orders an email is now sent to the buyer including the tracking number and freight details if provided. The email is template based. Edit /template/email/orderprocessed.ezitpl to make changes. The functionality can be disabled by emptying the template file.
- Uncancel Orders - It is now possible to reverse the cancellation of an order by clicking Process and then Uncancel
- Major release SKU support for products added. ezimerchant now supports the ability to options for each product assigned to seperate SKU codes. Ezimerchant will generate the codes for you. For example, add a new product, call it t-shirt, click the SKU tab and then add an option for size (S,M,L), and another option for colour (red, green, blue). Ezimerchant will generate the SKU codes for you - t-shirt-small-red, t-shirt-small-green etc, and you may keep stock quantities for each. You can disable and rename SKUs as you wish. Our interface is the only such interface australia wide that handles product SKUs in this way.
- Product Importer - New functionality - Our product importer now allows you to update your products on a per field basis. For example: during the mapping stage, if you select product code and product description, then only those fields will be updated. All other fields will be left as is. Note: Always map the product code field when using the "overwrite" feature
Updated fraud score details panel to include Google Map in place - adding to the arsenal of tools to help identify and prevent fraudulent transactions the fraud panel now shows a map and street view (if available) of the destination, which can be used to ask the buyer questions, which a genuine buyer will know the answer to but a fraudster probably won't
Bug fix - Fixed a bug preventing freight failure message being saved
- Improved handling of category image
- Improved eBay category management - From Products > Category screen it is now possible link a category to an eBay category (including all sub categories) and optionally link , enable and publish all products in the category (and sub categories)
- Increased the height of the product description editor
- Improved searching of products from category panel
- Cosmetic changes to make icons consistent based on function
- Added partial shipment functionality to order processing - it is now possible to specify which products are being shipped when processing an order. If not all products are shipped the order is set to a "partially shipped" status, which is clearly visible in the order list denoted by a half filled yellow circle. The order panel shows details of shipments including dates, tracking details and what was sent.
- Improved product import to handle spaces before and after product code - import files with spaces before or after the product code no longer create new products, but intelligently map to the existing products as they would if the spaces did not exist.
- Performance and feedback improvements to order panel
- Fixed a bug affecting dragging and dropping of images into image uploader
- Improved presentation of quantities on order process view
- Upload images to your content pages released - a major upgrade to the content editor which allows you to click the "insert image" icon, then click the browse button. This will allow you to upload an image from your computer.
- Upload multiple images for products - You can now select several images at once when uploading images for products. If you select several images, Each additional image will then be added to your product under the "content" tab.
- Media library for uploaded images - All uploaded images will now be available for re-use in other areas of the control panel. Whenever you are uploading an image, click the "Uploaded Images" tab and use the search to find an image you previously uploaded. You can select this to use this image.
- Content editing update - Upgraded our content editing toolbars (text areas) to a new version. Tables, links, and images are supported. Coming soon - insert image from gallery into content pages.
- Major Order Processing update - Order processing has been updated to support:
- Book Freight with Integrated Courier Services.
- Print Shipping labels and Consignment notes from ezimerchant.
- Direct integration with jedcart.com is available today. More integrations to follow.
- Update eBay feedback and tracking information automatically from ezimerchant. If using an Integrated Courier Service, the tracking number is retrieved from the booking automatically.
- eBay minimum image requirements - we are now up-scaling images smaller than 500 pixels to comply with eBay image quality standards, this ensures your items continue to list regardless of image size. It is recommended to update any images which are smaller than this for the best experience when potential customers view your eBay listings
- eBay Connected Status in search - see which items are eBay ebay enabled in search results
- IE9 popup warning - users of IE9 or less will be presented with a popup to upgrade their browser to continue using the ezimerchant control panel. This does not affect customer facing websites
- Product Copy - Copying products now copies all images into the duplicate product
- Documentation - Added link to documentation in support drop down (top right)
- Ebay Orders - ebay orders now display the ebay icon in the archived orders screen
- Channels screen popup - Channels screen popup no longer displays by default and can be accessed from the support drop down (top right)
- Image uploader - Google search for your product images in the "choose an image" dialogue